The HM-5470 and the HM-5760 have an internal manual regulator to protect the sensitive automatic regulator. This regulator may require adjustment if a specific pressure target can not be reached.
The equipment must be turned on in order to adjust this parameter. Please remove all jewelry from hands to avoid shock, injury, or damage to equipment. It is recommended that this procedure be performed by Humboldt service. Proceed at your own risk.
- Equipment must be calibrated.
- Equipment must be connected to air supply.
- Air supply to equipment must be turned on.
- From the Home screen.
- Select SYSTEM SETTINGS from the main menu.
- Select PREFERENCES.
- Select System Units tab.
- Change the STRESS CONTROL UNIT option to lbf.
- Go back to the Home screen.
- Expand the MANUAL LOAD option from the Home screen if it is not visible.
- Press the STOP button.
- Change the Force value to 140 lbf.
- Press the APPLY button.
- System will try to achieve 140 lbf, wait for the system to achieve 140 lbf.
- If after some time it does not achieve 140 lbf proceed to next step. If it does achieve 140 lbf everything is functioning properly and you do not need to continue.
- You will need to carefully remove screws holding front panel in place.
- Slowly remove panel, it will be connected to internal equipment via cables. You will NOT be disconnecting anything.
- Locate the brass regulator on bottom front right of machine on an HM-5470 or on the bottom back left of an HM-5760.
- The manual adjustment for the regulator is the silver screw knob at the back of the regulator.
- Turn the regulator knob to the left until the force reaches 140 lbf and then turn the knob a quarter turn more. You can monitor your progress with the readout on the front panel.
- Once the pressure is reached turn off machine.
- Verify all cable connections.
- Turn machine back on.
- Follow steps 1 through 4 and change the STRESS CONTROL UNIT option back to the desired display units.
- Procedure is complete.