HMTS does not work well with Excel 2013 or later. Uninstalling Excel and installing 2010 or earlier presents problems as well. It seems to work best with Excel 2010 or earlier and with a system that has never had Excel 2013 or later installed on it.
We can't fix the software to work with newer versions of Excel because the third party company that created the tool to export to Excel does not exist anymore and we do not have source code for it.
There is a work around for Excel and HMTS that seems to work for many customers. Please see steps below.
- Excel will work but you will first need to enable macros and trust access to VBA. Please see article Excel Export Setup for details on how to setup Excel
- Open HMTS
- Try exporting to Excel
- Export will fail
- Software will prompt it failed, click OK
- An Excel instance of the failed export is open, leave it opened
- Try exporting again from the software and it will export properly
- Set the Windows Compatibility settings to Compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 3).