The HMTS software was originally designed for Windows 2000. As the Windows operating systems have matured security and rules for the operating system has changed. Microsoft supports running older software packages but certain requirements must be met depending and it depends on the requirements of the software.
HMTS requires the following privileges to operate correctly:
- Software must run with administrative rights
- Read/write privileges for Windows registry
- Read/write privileges for installation folder (folder that the software is installed at).
If the software is giving errors/warnings when you open the software and/or when you open the program options in the software the privilege requirements for the software have not been met. For most users the procedure below can fix the problem but for other users with a managed network/user environment they will need to contact their IT department.
Run As Administrator
- Close HMTS if it is opened
- Locate the Humboldt HMTS icon on your desktop
- Right-click on the icon
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Check Run this program as an administrator
- Click OK
- Open HMTS and the software should perform as expected
Image 1: Windows 10 properties window.