This article will demonstrate how to turn on the serial communications in the HMTS Legacy software.
- PC must be have serial port.
- If connecting to multiple loggers you will need the HM-000379 to achieve this.
- If using USB or HM-000379 the drivers need to be installed.
- Open HMTS
- Click on Tools and then Setup
- In the Communication section the correct communication port will need to be selected.
- If the communication port you are using is higher than 4 please select the Extended COM Ports drop down to see and extended list of ports.
- Select the COM port.
- Click Turn Communications ON to open the port and Turn Communications OFF to close the port.
- Click Apply or Ok if applicable.
You can verify the communications by clicking on Tools and then Scan Connected Devices. If the correct communication port is used then you will hear the loggers beep and the Connected Devices indicator in the HMTS status bar will be greater than zero.
If no loggers are found and the correct serial port has been chosen you may need to check your connections physical connections to the equipment and see the logger(s) user manual for configuring the correction communication mode per your physical setup.