This article will show you how to setup a test in the NEXT software to perform/record data for multi pass shear testing. This procedure is for the HM-5760, HM-5560, HM-5750A, and HM-5750D.
- In the NEXT Direct Shear module select the Test Parameters tab, Test Setup, and then the desired specimen Shear Phase.
- Interval logging must be selected as the Logging condition when recording data for multi pass testing.
- Trigger condition can be any option.
- Stop condition can be any option but Operator Stop.
- Automated Passes must be a value greater than 1.
- Motor must be Computer Controlled.