In the event a test does not start or stop correctly it can create a scenario that will prevent other tests from starting up. This procedure will describe how to remove any tests that are not active anymore or were never active to begin with.
Once a test is removed from 'Active' state it can not be resumed or put back into a 'Active' state.
- Open any test module.
- If in the test selection window, click on the icon at the bottom right of screen. Proceed to step 4.
- If working with a specific test, select the Options tab and then click on the Program options button.
- In the Program Options window (Image A). Scroll down to the bottom of the left pane and click the Test State Status option.
- You will see a list of available tests that are 'Active' (Image B).
- The preferred method is to use windows explorer to navigate to where the test is stored and open the test. If the test is truly 'Active' it will try to re-sync its data and you can stop the test with the stop test button. If this is not the case you will need to proceed to then next step.
- To remove a test from 'Active' state, click the button in the test name column of the test you will like to clear.
- You will be prompted to confirm removing/clearing the test.
- Once the test is no longer 'Active' the new test will be able to be performed.