When trying to start a test the following message is displayed during the test activation sequence:
"waiting for setup time slot, another test is setting up"
In the event multiple tests are started around the same time this message will be shown as only one test will go through a test setup run sequence at a time. This is OK as this is by design to protect the setup process for legacy equipment.
In the event no other test is setting up to run this message can be displayed if a previous test did not clear its setup status correctly. This could occur if the application terminated unexpectedly.
If there is not any running tests and this message is being shown you will need to manually remove the test from its 'Active' state. Follow the procedure below to remove a test from 'Active' state.
Once a test is removed from 'Active' state it can not be resumed or put back into a 'Active' state.
- Open any test module.
- If in the test selection window, click on the icon at the bottom right of screen. Proceed to step 4.
- If working with a specific test, select the Options tab and then click on the Program options button.
- In the Program Options window (Image A). Scroll down to the bottom of the left pane and click the Test State Status option.
- You will see a list of available tests that are 'Active' (Image B).
- The preferred method is to use windows explorer to navigate to where the test is stored and open the test. If the test is truly 'Active' it will try to re-sync its data and you can stop the test with the stop test button. If this is not the case you will need to proceed to then next step.
- To remove a test from 'Active' state, click the button in the test name column of the test you will like to clear.
- You will be prompted to confirm removing/clearing the test.
- Once the test is no longer 'Active' the new test will be able to be performed.