This article will show you how to setup a test in the NEXT software to perform/record data for multi pass shear testing.
This procedure is for the HM-2560A with firmware greater than or equal to 6.46 (Revision 2 hardware) or 5.61 (Revision 1 hardware).
The latest version of the NEXT software should be installed.
This method will setup the equipment to perform residual passes automatically without the NEXT software interacting at the end or beginning of each pass.
NOTE: Residual shear testing can be done with older version of hardware, just NOT using this method. This method will NOT work if your equipment is not updated. Setup the test as normal if the equipment's firmware is not up-to-date. The residual test will be performed with much start/stopping for passes done by the software.
Set/Verify that the Advanced residual shear option is enabled in the NEXT program options.
- Open the Direct Shear test module.
- Click on the 'Gear' image to open Program Options.
- Navigate to the Tests section in the left pane.
- Select Behavior Properties
- Check 'Use advanced residual shear options with legacy equipment'.
- Click OK.
If the Advance Residual Shear option is not available please verify you have the most up-to-date version of NEXT installed.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the NEXT Direct Shear module select the Test Parameters tab, Test Setup, and then the desired specimen Shear Phase.
- Interval logging must be selected as the Logging condition when recording data for multi pass testing.
- Trigger condition can be any option.
- Stop condition can be any option but Operator Stop.
- Automated Passes must be a value greater than 1.
- Motor must be Computer Controlled.