During the installation of NEXT you will be prompted to choose what "Bitness" of Microsoft Data Access Engine 2010 to install (32-bit or 64-bit).
If the wrong version is installed it will negatively impact Office 2010. If Office 2010 is 32 bit, the 32 bit version of Microsoft Data Access Engine 2010 should be installed and vice versa for 64 bit version of Office 2010.
STEP A - FIX OFFICE
1. Closing any Office programs that are running.
2. In Control Panel, open one of the following control panel items, based on your version of windows.
- Windows 10 open Apps in Settings.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista open Programs and Features.
- Windows XP open Add or Remove Programs
3. In the list of installed products, select Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010, and then click Uninstall. (In Windows XP, click Remove.)
4. After Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 is uninstalled, select your Microsoft Office 2010 product in the list of installed products, and then click Change.
5. Click Repair, and then click Continue.
6. After your office installation is repaired, restart your Office program.
STEP B - DETERMINE "Bitness"
See the article Determining "Bitness" of Office 2010 Installation.
STEP C - FIX NEXT
1. Uninstall NEXT.
2. Open Windows File Explorer and select your C drive.
3. In the path location at top of Windows File Explorer type C:\ProgramData and press the Enter key. The Windows ProgramData folder is hidden by default.
4. Open the Humboldt folder.
5. Open the HMTS_NEXT folder.
6. Delete the INST_FEATURES.txt file.
7. Download latest version of NEXT and start the installation. After the installation process begins you will be prompted to choose what version of Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 to install (choose wisely - see STEP B).
Microsoft article KB2956215 was used for providing solution.