If the installation fails with a warning indicating .NEXT version x.x is required this article will show you how to add this feature to windows.
This applies to Windows 7 and above. If trying to install NEXT on a version of Windows less than 7, it is highly recommended that Windows 7 or greater be used.
- Open the Windows Control Panel by typing Control Panel in the Start menu or taskbar search field and then pressing Enter key.
- Under Programs section, click Programs link.
- Select the Turn Windows features on or off link.
- Verify .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.7 Advanced Services are selected.
- If .NET Framework 4.0 is available, select this as well.
NOTE: Sub features for .NET Frameworks do not have to be installed to use NEXT.
Windows 10 Windows Features Framework Settings Example: