The NEXT software uses test ID's to track tests and their state. If using the 5000 series with multiple PC's on the same network tests can inadvertently be terminated or not started.
To avoid this issue the NEXT software needs to use a shared location for its management database. The shared location can be a shared folder on a computer or a network location all PC's running NEXT can reach.
This article will explain how to setup a shared location.
- Close all NEXT programs except the NEXT Console, we will need this.
- Create a shared location all PC's running NEXT can reach.
- Open the NEXT Console; the NEXT console can be found in the Windows programs or by double-clicking the Humboldt icon in the the Windows status bar.
- In the Console window select the Options tab.
- Click the Options button.
- In the Program Options window locate and click on the Calibration Network Options from the list on the left.
- Check the Network located database option.
- Click the Browse button to select the shared location or copy and paste the path in the path entry.
- Click OK
- Right-Click the Humboldt Console icon in the Windows status bar and select the Exit option.
- You can reboot the PC or Re-open the NEXT Console which can be found in the Windows programs menu.
- The software should now be pointing to the shared location and after opening the NEXT Console the shared location should contain some files.
- This procedure needs to be completed on all PC's running the NEXT software.