In some case we need more information to better understand the problem you are having and visually seeing the process can make a huge difference.
Windows 7 introduced the "Problem Step Recorder" tool. It is built into windows and fairly easy to use.
This article will describe how to use the tool to provide a visual reference for Humboldt technical support.
- Open Run by pressing the "Window + R" keys.
- In the Run window type "PSR" (excluding the quotes).
- Click the Start Record button and do your work.
- When you are finished, press the Stop Record button.
- You will be presented with a window of recorded results.
- Click the Save button.
- Choose a location to save the results and then press the Save button in the dialog.
- A zip file will be created.
- Send the zip file to Humboldt support (email@example.com). See the Email Results section below fore email instructions.
If the zip file is less than 7 Mb (megabytes), send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to your existing help ticket attaching the file.
If the zip file is greater than 7 Mb (megabytes) you will need to use a tool with file sharing capabilities such as Dropbox, Office 365, etc. Upload the file to your tool of choice and share a link to the file via email to your current support ticket or email email@example.com.