This document describes how to calibrate the HM-2450A Pressure Limits.
To calibrate the pressure limits, the back pressure and cell pressure must be calibrated. Please see the HM-2450A user manual for calibration instructions.
Your compressor must be able to achieve a pressure of the maximum calibrated cell pressure value.
- Place a blank pressure plug in the Back and Cell pressure air outlets located on the back of the device.
- The Input pressure should be connected to your air source.
- Close the effective pressure valve by turning the effective pressure knob to the left.
- From the main screen of the device press the Set Up key. If you are not at the main screen of the device, press the Set Up key repeatedly until you are at the main screen.
- Press F1 (Engineering Setup).
- Press F3 (Pressure Limits). You should now see a screen that will show you the current pressure and current motor position.
- Press the DOWN button. Let the motor run until you see no change in pressure. If a knocking sound emanates from the device press the stop button immediately.
- Press the UP button. Allow the motor to run until you see the pressure start to increase. Once pressure starts to increase press the Stop button.
- You should still be on the pressure limits screen. Press the F1 button to calibrate pressure limits (Auto Calibrate).
- Once calibration begins, you will see the device release more pressure and then start increasing pressure. Initially you will see little to no pressure change.
- The device will attempt to reach the maximum cell pressure. If maximum pressure cannot be achieved the motor/pressure limit max will only use what pressure it was able to achieve.
- The motor will stop once the calibration is completed.
WARNING: Do not leave the device unattended during calibration.
WARNING: During calibration, if you hear the device making thumping noises, press the Stop button immediately. Failure to do so could damage your equipment. Verify you have followed the instructions above and that your compressor can support required pressures.
- The pressure limits are now calibrated and the device is ready for use.
- Press the Target button to set a target and then press the Run command from the mains screen to run to a target. The device should go to the specified target.