This document describes how to calibrate the HM-2470A and HM-2475A ConMatic IPC Load Limits.
Note: This documentation applies to Firmware versions 5.22 or greater. If your logger is running a lower firmware, please see Revision 1 instructions.
To calibrate the load limits, the load cell must be calibrated. Please see the HM-2470A or HM-2475A user manual for load cell calibration instructions.
Your compressor attached to the device must meet the following requirements:
The compress must maintain a constant pressure at the maximum load of your load cell. In order to calibrate the load limits, the machine has to reach the highest value of the load cell. This is based on the maximum calibration value of the attached load cell.
HM-2470A required pressure = maximum load cell calibration (lbs) / 17 in2
HM-2475A required pressure = maximum load cell calibration (lbs) / 26 in2
- Turn off the logger.
- Press and hold the F2 button and power on the logger.
- You will hear 2 beeps. Release the F2 button.
- You will now be able to access the motor calibration screens.
- From the main screen of the logger press the SETUP button. If you are not at the main screen of the logger, press the Set Up key repeatedly until you are at the main screen.
- Press F1 (ENGINEERING SETUP).
- Press F4 (MORE ENGINEERING).
- If you have a previous load limit calibration you will need the clear the load limit calibration. This is available on this screen by pressing the F2 button.
- Press F1 (LOAD LIMITS). You should now see a screen that will show you the current load and position of the logger.
- Press the UP ARROW button on the logger. Any load acting on the crossbar will be released. Let the motor travel until you hear a thumping sound. Immediately press the stop button once you hear this sound.
- At this point you should have no load on the system and you should be able to pull up and push down on the crossbar with little effort.
- Pull up on the crossbar and release.
- Position the crossbar and load cell by adjusting the bottom and top nuts on the cross bar. There should be very little daylight between the load cell and the top base of the logger. Make sure the cross bar is securely tightened. Please note the current load value on the system.
- Press the DOWN ARROW button. Allow the system to load until you see it load +1 lb of what the load value that was noted in step 13.
- Once you see the +1 lb difference, press the STOP button.
- Press the F1 button to calibrate Load Limits.
- Once calibration begins, you will see the motor travel in the down direction. If you do not see this immediately press the stop button and then press F1 to try again.
- You will hear a beep once the load is less than 5 lbs and then another beep a few seconds later. Once you hear the second beep the motor will begin going in the up direction. You should see the load and position values increasing. When the load has reached the maximum value, the motor will stop and continue onto steps 2 through 5.
Calibration can take some time and the load will increase and decrease several times. There are five steps to this calibration.
WARNING: Do not leave the logger unattended during calibration. This is very important during step 1 of the calibration.
WARNING: During calibration, if you hear the logger making thumping noises, press the Stop button immediately. Failure to do so could damage your equipment. Verify you have followed the instructions above and that your compressor can support required pressures.
- Once the motor has stopped and you are at step 5 of 5, the motor calibration should be completed. From the load limits screen, press the Up key. If you see the position values changing, the motor limits have successfully been calibrated.
The device is now ready to use. Press the Setup key several times to return to the main screen of the logger.