If a critical issue occurs, in some cases it may be necessary or desirable to perform a factory reset of your Elite Series equipment. The reset procedure will restore the firmware in the unit to the version that was originally installed by Humboldt. The user is also given the option to erase all tests as part of the reset procedure in case a test file is causing issues with the startup process. Calibration data is not affected by this procedure.
To perform a factory reset follow these steps:
- Turn off the unit by switching the power switch OFF.
- On the back panel, locate the small hole just above the USB and Ethernet ports. There is a button inside this hole.
- Insert a straightened paperclip or similar implement into the hole to hold down the button.
- Turn the unit ON.
- If you would like to delete all test data continue to hold the button when prompted. Otherwise, release the button.
- Do not turn off the device until the factory reset is complete and the system reboots.
Article is closed for comments.