The firmware for the 5000 series equipment can be updated from the machine with a firmware file and a USB stick.
Periodically Humboldt will release firmware updates to address issues or to add features to equipment. The firmware updates can be found at www.humboldtmfg.com.
- Open a web browser and navigate to www.humboldtmfg.com.
- Select Support and then Downloads.
- Select the Elite Series Firmware tab.
- Insert a USB stick into your PC.
- Click the link of the firmware you would like to download. To download you will need to login/create an account with Humboldt.
- Save the file to your USB stick you inserted from step 4.
- Safely eject the USB stick.
- Insert the USB stick into the front USB port of the machine you are updating.
- Click the menu button () on the face of the machine (Image A).
- Select SYSTEM SETTINGS from the drop down menu.
- Select UPDATE (Image B).
- Select Update from USB (Image C).
- Select the firmware file you downloaded from step 5 from the file selection screen.
- After selecting the file press the Select button on the file selection screen.
- The update process will begin. The update process can take a few minutes and you can see the machine reboot a number of times.
- After the update process completes you can verify the update was successful by going to SYSTEM SETTINGS and clicking INFORMATION. Firmware version information is on this screen.